Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 5 months ago

If I told my boss I have football games every Friday and he calls me in, is it ok to decline and just go to the game anyway?

I'm also starting for the team aswell and cant afford to let the team down. I'm 17 and work in retail.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Cu Tie
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Best answer

You should just be upfront and honest with both your boss and your football coaches. I am sure they will find a way to fit both activities in your schedule.

My sister had this similar situation at age 17. She attended a private, all-girls high school in Pennsylvania. During her senior year of high school, she made it on the junior varsity football team of the local public high school in South Jersey. During that prior summer, she got her first job, also in South Jersey. She told the football coaches that her private, all-girls high school was a long distance from the local high school she played football for, and they exempted her from attending the practices. She told her boss that her football games were on Tuesday nights, so she was not scheduled to work on Tuesdays.

• 5 months ago

It’s just retail, they can work around, they are flexible

• RICK
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Do what you want

If you work expect to be kicked off the team

If you play expect to be fired

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Prepare to be fired. It's your decision about priorities.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

And just when is your football practice?

• 5 months ago

It up to you to set priorities, but realize that there's a good chance of being fired

• 5 months ago

Hmmmm - get paid, or play a game? Your priorities need readjusting.

• 5 months ago

Sure if you don’t care about losing your job

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No its not.........

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.