steve
steve asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 7 months ago

Why am I suddenly not allowed to answer any questions?

I have just replied to a lot of questions relating to Trump and was not very supportive.

YA claims to be non political and not have moderators but since I admittedly have had a rant about Trump and his treatment of these four women I am no longer able to answer questions.

The answer box is blocked.

If this is not censorship then I do not know what is.

• Daniel

Is it from one Particular Person ? if so they may have Blocked you

If its from all Questions you may have Reached your Daily Limit you may have to come back the Next day to Answer more Questions

• Ben

I think the asker or answerer blocked you.

• .

Sounds like the user you want to respond to has you blocked. The computers that run the site don't know from politics but there are users on the site with strong views and it's not unusual for some to block users they disagree with or whom they feel post inappropriately. It's also not odd for users to report posts they disagree with, even if the post wasn't an actual violation.

Yeah, you're right regarding censorship....you don't know what is. ☺ (cuz what you describe isn't it...at least not by Verizon Media, the company that runs Yahoo).

Unless you have exceeded the number of answers allowed for your level of YA membership (how many points you've got), Yahoo has not blocked you. The person asking the question has blocked you because they only want answers that reinforce THEIR opinions. You will find various cowards and liars and closed-minded dullards block people who disagree with them. It saves them having to think about an alternative point of view.

• ?

The asker blocked you.

If you don't see an answer box its because the user you're trying to reply to blocked you. YA is run by computers which aren't capable of caring about your political views. Not everything is a conspiracy.

You've been blocked. Find another question to answer.