Why do people trust vaccines?

Why do people trust the government about everything? There's no info to suggest vaccines are good for us or help us, but people just believe the government no matter what because "they're trying to help us" I don't believe it, vaccines could be used for mind control or worse, why do people trust these things and make fun of people for not being completely gullible.

Attachment image

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Ala
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

Conclusive evidence.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Most would rather have their minds controlled than to die of a preventable disease.

• 8 months ago

Vaccines work.

Vaccines save lives.

Vaccines prevent long term disability caused by avoidable diseases.

Vaccines have been proven to be safe.

Stories about bad things caused by vaccines are lies.

Stories about the hundreds of deaths so far THIS YEAR ALONE because of non-vaccination are true.

There is a lot of stupid talk about vaccines by stupid people. It is not compulsory to accept the mind control of peer pressure from stupid people.

Vaccination is good for kids and good for society.

Responsible people vaccinate.

• ...Show all comments
    • skeptik
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

@ Lord Bacon - just to be clear, that was directed at Franklin's comment, which he then deleted.

• 8 months ago

There are hundreds of years of scientific evidence that vaccines work. If you want to dispute it, fine, but you can’t deny it exists.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

We're at this weird point as a society, where I can't tell when somebody is trolling, and when people are legitimately stupid.

Vaccines obviously, clearly, observably, demonstrably work. There's no smoke, no magic, and no conspiracy. When you vaccinate a population, diseases that are vaccinated drop off sharply in that population. That's it. You can research this in five minutes, and not infrequently, you can observe this cause and effect live as world governments vaccinate the populations of undeveloped countries.

Where it all goes off the rails, is when some vacuous scrotum gets scared of their own shadow, and makes some dubious, unsubstantiated claim about vaccines. "Oh, they cause autism." "That's how the government controls you." "The doctors just want your money." "If you take the Westerners' vaccine, it will make you stop believing in God." Those are all real things that came out of real people's real mouths. Not one has a scrap of evidence behind it, and they've all been disproven a hundred times over.

Maybe the CDC will get together and rebrand vaccines as "NASCAR enjoyment serum" or something similar, to make it more palatable to the knuckle-dragging mouthbreathers that are literally killing people with their ignorance.

• 8 months ago

1. The federal government, as a general rule, doesn't mandate that you get vaccines. It is entirely possible to live in the United States without getting one. If the government really wanted to use vaccines for nefarious purposes, wouldn't dissenters be the first to get them?

2. There are plenty of non-governmental agencies that do vaccine research and have evidence to demonstrate their effectiveness. But you don't actually believe in evidence. You think it's up to everyone else to prove that everything isn't a conspiracy, but don't think you have to prove that there is one.

3. I'm not sure why you think technology that can be used to control people's minds is more plausible than immunity through controlled exposure, despite the fact that technological mind control has never actually been observed, and inoculations have been performed for hundreds of years.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Because of statistics, results, and facts

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Science works.

I don't know anyone who trusts the government on everything.

There's TONS OF info to suggest vaccines are good, work and save lives.

You're believing anti science nonsense no matter what.

You are being gullible to fools' conspiracy theories.

• 8 months ago

I really wish I could assume this was satire.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.