show me a visual of how long a mile is?

Thank you, EVERYONE, for all your helpful suggestions on how to show me a visual of how long a mile is. I appreciate all of you for taking the time to answer my question. Best regards to ALL. Connie

Run for a mile distance at the ground. You will experience it as well as you will reduce your excess body fat.

• Connie5 months agoReport

Good idea and suggestion. I might take that advice except brisk walk and stop eating those darn donuts. ;)

Hi.

There's a cpl tricks You can use to get a mental image of this ... But when I was in schoolI believe it was 5,280 feet for a US mile.

You can either lay a tape measure on the floor & pretend to walk nexst to it, measure the distance between Your feet when You step & this i& this Your "stride" ... divide the 5,280 by Your stride & You have how many steps walking it takes You to go 1 mile.

You COULD also use a mapping website to enter an address in Your area, & then click other locations & businesses around You on their map & find something that comes out at exactly 1 mile.

G'Luck!!!

• Connie5 months agoReport

The mapping idea is a great idea. Thank you, kindly.

• SRΛSC

You could use Google Maps' measure distance feature to do so & you'd get an idea from that.

• Connie5 months agoReport

I will give it a go and try google maps. Thank you, kindly, for the tip.

Another use of a (US) football field is to visit a high school stadium. Almost every one of those is (or was when I was in HS) surrounded by a 440 yd (1/4 mile) oval track. Four times around that track is a mile.

• roger

A little under 20 foot ball fields.

• Lv 7

drive to 100 S and look down the road south at 200 S.

that's about a mile.

• Jim

17.5 football fields.