Is the Xbox one s a big difference from the original Xbox one?
- TStoddenLv 77 months ago
The XBox One S has virtually the same capabilities as the original XBox One, but there are some changes. The 'S' in the name stands for "Slim Version" as it's smaller & more power-efficient than it's predecessor, but there are some minor changes under the hood as well.
* One S supports up to 4K (2180p) for video & 1440p for games (after firmware update)
* Adapter is required to utilize the XBox Kinect with the S (SOLD SEPARATELY)
* Updated (2nd Generation) controllers (w/ BlueTooth support) included
As mentioned, the One S uses around 35 - 90 watts of power vs 70 - 120 watts, depending on what you're doing on the console. This may not be a major thing to consider, but it will impact your wallet (via your utility bill) in the long run.
It's pretty standard nowadays for console makers to refine their consoles & release an updated version with some improvements & refinements since the original release, even dropping some seldom-used features by players & developers as a cost-cutting deal.
Hope this sheds some light on the subject.
- RaditzLv 67 months ago
Some of the new features were a huge difference, IMO, especially when you're into graphics. Beside cheaper and smaller, it also:
Supports 4k Blu-Ray disks movies.
Can play games in 4k (upscaled).
Supports HDR in games.
The original XB1 can't do all of the above.
- MarkLv 77 months ago
1. Far bėťter gaming graphics.
2. Much higher financial cost.
3. Lesser chanc of lagging.
4. Better virtual reality enhancr.
5. Greater gaming exp ôpťiônś.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- BenLv 67 months ago
It is in certain ways due to advancements in technology.