In a congested City,would you be O.K. parking your car vertically up a designated "wall" ,via an installed"pulley-system"?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Sky
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Best answer

No, because fluids would be able to flow where they aren't supposed to go. Oil could flood up into a cylinder, creating a hydrolock when trying to start the car. It could also flow out of breather tubes and onto the ground. Transmission fluid would be able to flow out of the breather/overflow hole on the transmission. Liquid air conditioning refrigerant could flow where it's not supposed to go (ie. on the evaporator side) and damage the compressor (that's why when you bring a new refrigerator or air conditioner into the house, you're supposed to let it sit for an hour or two before turning it on so it has time for any liquids that may have shifted during movement and handling to return where they're supposed to be). And depending on the configuration of the gas tank vs. filler hole, the gas may flow out. Ever seen a car that rolled over or even just onto its side? There's all kinds of puddles left behind.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Too tough on the wall. Plenty of winches. All you need is hooks. And a lasso.

• M.
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No.

That is a good fantasy, but cars have not yet been designed for that attitude.

• 5 months ago

Nope. Cars are designed to stay horizontal.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Not me. Too much can go wrong.

• Dan
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

That's almost as dumb as "self driving cars", neither will ever happen.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

No I wouldn't.

• Carson
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

I might be. The Fuel, transmission fluid, Oil and coolant may not want to stay in their 'designated' areas when a vehicle is suspended at 90 degrees.

• WB
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I would be apprehensive of fluid leaks, or troubles resulting from fluids migrating into parts of the vehicle, that would cause problems.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.