promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Kali asked in Consumer ElectronicsTiVO & DVRs · 10 months ago

Anyone know of a cheap/cheaper way to convert a VHS tape to a DVD?

I found an old exercise VHS tape on Amazon that my mom used to do all the time. It was her favorite exercise video in the world. So I was wondering if there was a way I could buy the VHS tape, then have it converted to a DVD so my mom could watch it again.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

get a dvd burner,some rca connector cable,,your vhs player likely has video and audio OUT,plug in the other end onto the dvd burner,it usually has aux in on one of the panels,,older electronics are in thrift shops by the gazillions,cost maybe ten bucks each if you already have a vhs player,you get just the one item from the secondhand store,you need blank dvds too, get them from best buy

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

Contact the original production company to determine whether or not they offer a DVD version.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I think you can connect your video outputs to your computer and burn file to DVD.

• spacemissing
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Only if the tower has the appropriate inputs.
      No laptop does, and many towers don't.

• 10 months ago

No commercial copy service will touch it.

Find a private individual who owns the necessary equipment and have it done.

• Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

I know a counterfeiter like that.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mark
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

There are services, but some won't do copyrighted material.

The tape may also be copy-protected.

If you can find someone with a VHS machine, you can connect it to a computer and transfer it. It takes a connection kit that costs about $20-$30 that connects the RCA outputs to USB.

• 10 months ago

Walgreens does it. Not sure in the price.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.