Kali asked in Consumer ElectronicsTiVO & DVRs · 10 months ago

Anyone know of a cheap/cheaper way to convert a VHS tape to a DVD?

I found an old exercise VHS tape on Amazon that my mom used to do all the time. It was her favorite exercise video in the world. So I was wondering if there was a way I could buy the VHS tape, then have it converted to a DVD so my mom could watch it again.

get a dvd burner,some rca connector cable,,your vhs player likely has video and audio OUT,plug in the other end onto the dvd burner,it usually has aux in on one of the panels,,older electronics are in thrift shops by the gazillions,cost maybe ten bucks each if you already have a vhs player,you get just the one item from the secondhand store,you need blank dvds too, get them from best buy

Contact the original production company to determine whether or not they offer a DVD version.

I think you can connect your video outputs to your computer and burn file to DVD.

• spacemissing

Only if the tower has the appropriate inputs.
      No laptop does, and many towers don't.

No commercial copy service will touch it.

Find a private individual who owns the necessary equipment and have it done.

• Lv 7

I know a counterfeiter like that.

• Mark

There are services, but some won't do copyrighted material.

The tape may also be copy-protected.

If you can find someone with a VHS machine, you can connect it to a computer and transfer it. It takes a connection kit that costs about $20-$30 that connects the RCA outputs to USB.

Walgreens does it. Not sure in the price.