Should lend my BF money? I don’t feel right about it and I can’t tell him no.?

My BF has 2 credit cards loans that are eating his money. Only paying interest every month and nowhere close to closing the cards. He asked me to take a loan for him so he can get rid of those loans as credit cards payments are almost lifetime. I don’t like it to be honest, it is not my problem, it was money he took for his family and now he is stuck paying credit card interests with no hope of being cleared soon. If I delay anything he gets upset and tells me I don’t trust him. I have heard so many bad stories that ended badly, what if this is a start of lifetime dependence on me or what if we broke up and he refused to pay back what will happen?

I’m lost and feeling like the weight of the world on my heart because of this money issue

don't do it......

You absolutely can tell him no. His lack of financial discipline and sense is not your problem. You shouldn't get dragged into a financial hole in an attempt to bail him out. And he has no right to get angry with you for refusing, he's not entitled to your money. Stand your ground, you are in the right.

• Daniel5 months agoReport

For every problem is a solution, he needs a debt management counselor to assist him, but the debt is not your problem

NEVER LEND MONEY TO FRIENDS OR FAMILY

when my family needs money i Give it to them that war there is no expectations of not getting it back

No. He sounds like a dirtbag.

No, you shouldn't. Your instincts are correct.

• Stoo

Money is a big reason for couples to break up - and you're not even married. I would tell his freeloading a$s no - this sounds weirdly manipulative. I'm sure there's a guy out there who doesn't need a sugar momma to pay his bills.

I would sit him down and help him strike a plan where he can pay this off himself. If that means forsaking any expensive gift or night out with you while you're together, that's that sacrifice you can make. If he can't see to paying this off or working an extra job to get more money to do so, he's just going to weigh you down with his problems.

• audrey

Don't do it! You will be stuck owing money he's not gonna pay you. If he gets mad, then maybe you should rethink your relationship.

Absolutely not. When things go awry and they almost certainly will, you will be stuck with the repayments. He dug himself in the shìt, he can dig himself out of it.

• DEBS

Your hesitation is smart. If you choose to do it, then write up a simple contract referencing the loan, monthly payment schedule, and a date by which he'll pay you back. If you ever break up this will get ugly so you want to make sure you're being smart. If he doesn't like that, then don't do it and reconsider your relationship as well.

No don't do it. It's his problem.