Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 5 months ago

Am I safer working my 3 jobs or joining the military (since I found out how the army is really like now)?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

Safer working your three jobs my friend. Or you can try to work and go to community college or something.

• dark5 months agoReport

How is that trolling? I have family who served in the marines during Vietnam and other times and they say not to join the military these days because it’s not the brown boot anymore so to speak. People can live a good life without the military too soooo.

• 3 months ago

You might instead consider the Air Force. They are a little less strict in some ways and tend to treat their people better than the Army and Marine Corps. It can afford to because of their general mission and function while that of the Army and the Marine Corps revolves more around ground combat sustainment and ground combat assault.

Also it depends on what you mean by "safer" I think. You could get killed today by a drunk driver. The odds of that are actually higher than you being killed in the military right now. Also if it's taking you three part time jobs now to live and pay your bills then I think you need to stop and think about what the future holds for you when you get older and maybe make some changes. The military provides one way of doing that for many and why they join. If you are young enough to enlist then you are still young enough to make some course changes in regards to your life that will pay off better down the road more than what you are currently doing. As you get older though that window of opportunity closes for you to make those course changes.

You might also take a look at the trades and consider applying for entrance into any of them. Many are hurting and looking for younger, dependable, drug free individuals and they being admitted into their apprenticeship programs where you learn and get paid a decent wage while learning. All your skilled trades like plumbing, electrician, HVAC are hurting in most parts of the country and if you live near a large metropolitan area then you might want to look into applying for entrance into one of their programs.

• 5 months ago

The peacetime army isn't much more dangerous than civie life. But if this is your top concern, the army isn't for you anyway. Most people join the military because it's something they've always wanted to do. Though there are some that go for the educational benefits.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Only 3?? That's it?? Well shoot!! Sounds like you got it easy. Around here you need about 10 full time jobs just to still scrape by with barely nothing. You better join the military so you can just die in Afghanistan and be outta your misery instead of dying of exhaustion and still having nothing to show for it...

• 5 months agoReport

You’re a ignorant and unwise asshole for this comment!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

If you like working 3 jobs...............join the Navy.

18 hour days at sea, doing many diverse things. and then maybe you have to stand a watch AFTER your 18 hour day.

• 5 months ago

Join the air force anything but security forces or air crew you will be very happy working a cush job better positioned for the future.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Why the Army. You like crawling through the Mud and eating MRE's??

Why not sleep in a proper Bed, no mud and eat real food? Join the Navy

• ?
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Since we don't know what you have learned about what the Army is "really like" it isn't possible to say. However, it's probably better to just keep on with your civilian career if there is an unanswerable question.

• zeno
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

You need to think long term. Army and marines

Are usually wounded or killed more often in war

Than navy and air force or shore patrol. Find

The easiest way to serve and survive. I did

For 20 years.

• 5 months ago

How is the Army really like now:

they provide you with housing, food, medical care...

they provide you with job training from dental hygienist to auto mechanic to nuclear engineer.

31% of the Army has never been deployed and a much larger number has never been on the front line.

You can die in a car accident on the way to one of these jobs.

There are approximately 900 Army deaths per year. Probably a much lower rate than the civilian population for the same age group.

• Mrsjvb
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

One December during the height of Iraqi Freedom, there were more murders in Baltimore than deaths in a combat zone for the past 12 months

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.