Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsRunning · 5 months ago

Is it an achievable goal to learn to run 5k in 2 months?

I’m not a runner, I’m out of shape, and overweight. I really want to do a 5k run with my friends in 9 weeks. If I stay motivated and dedicated should I be able to run 5k? I’m a 16 year old female if that makes any difference.

• Joe

Very, very easy. Just do it, no excuses.

it takes a lot of practice to train for a marathon. To get in shape for running you should do sit ups and long distance walking

I’m sure it’s possible, anything is. BUT I’m also sure you need to be careful. If you are out of shape and overweight you need to gradually work your way towards a goal. I would see how far you can run and try to set your goal based on that. Remember you don’t have to run the whole thing and you don’t have to come in first. Take care of your body it’s the only one you have.

It's enough time to be able to finish a 5K by jogging or by a combination of walking and jogging.

It's possible so long you stay motivated and stick to a consistent schedule to make that goal attainable. The human mind is incredible! It can help us accomplish things we didn't think was possible. Also, for your safety, don't try to overdo it. The human body can only accomplish so much. It's resilient, but can be susceptible to harm.

If you take the time and go to the gym or go for a run for about an hour or two EVERY DAY, then I think you can tackle the 5k. Eventually, try to see how far you can run without stopping.

No idea how out of shape or overweight you are. Or how healthy your heart is. I am sure you can complete the 5k, but you may have to be satisfied to walk a ways, run a ways, and repeat . Still , that will feel like a major accomplishment

Even if you can’t, attempting it is still impressive in my eyes. BUT, safety and health first. Do not kill your self try to do this. You need to begin running daily and I recommend hatha yoga as well.

Since you're young, maybe

Don't feel too bad if you don't. Just try to stay in better shape in the future