Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 5 months ago

What would you think if you saw a 20 year old using a walking cane?

Unfortunately, I developed knee pain in my right leg, so I have to start using a cane now. Is it something that would invoke mockery? What would you think if you saw a 20 year old guy walking with one?

I would guess he had an injury or some nervous system or some medical problem and I’d hope it would get better. And hopefully you’re seeing a doctor for this. Anyone who mocks people for this is just an asshole

It’s so common. All ages. Canes, crutches. Nobody even would have time in their lives and with their problems to ponder it. In NYC, I used to see ‘certain types’...ahem... of younger people than you walking with canes who didn’t even need them but had them as potential weapons, ghetto neighborhood stuff. They would steal them from elderly people. Push them on the ground , take their canes. That’s different of course.

• Jahal

Mind my own business. Help if they asked for it.

Either he needs the cane or he’s making fun of someone

• Ocimom

Would not bother me. Tho I may ask what happened, e.g. did you have surgery, a leg break, etc.

I'd assume he had an injury of some sort. Hopefully you're seeing a doctor about this (because in most cases in someone your age this can be corrected).

I would think poor guy, I hope he gets well. Anyone mocking this, is a insenstive, jerk. Anyone can have such bad luck. But to mock one, means that person is crippled mentaly.

• Alan H

There may be a few idiots who would mock you.

No decent person would.

So does it matter?

I wouldn’t think anything, really. I’d just assume he got hurt somehow and it was probably temporary.

Honestly don’t care, it’s none of my business