How can I help my father quit smoking.?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

But him a vape. I know it's not as good as quitting entirely, but it's not as harmful. I am a nicotine addict, in the same exact boat as your father. So believe me when I say if he wants his nicotine fix, he's gonna have it. Give get him a vape, and maybe he can slowly lower his nicotine percentage over time until he doesn't need it anymore. Quitting cold turkey is an almost guaranteed relapse.

• Andrew Smith
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Agreed. Limiting sugar, fat or losing weight is similar. If he WANTS to quit he needs to keep records and slowly REDUCE the amount he is smoking. Until ( with luck) quitting entirely is possible. Even if it isn't the reduction is still of benefit

• 5 months ago

Make him busy, engage him in various activities and exercises and hide all his cigarettes.

• 5 months ago

its hopeless

can,t teach an old dog new tricks

• Bryce
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

The people I knew that smoked started dying at age 45. Two others both got lung cancer and died at age 52. Most of the rest died at about age 60. One guy made it to age 80, but he had COPD from about age 65 until he died. He coughed a lot before he retired. He had to carry an oxygen tank with him for about 15 years.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Encourage him quit smoking and of course, never smoke in front of him ( if you're a smoker yourself). Then well, it's only his will ....

• Jay R
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Remind him of how much he spends per year on tobacco, then provide a list of what could be bought/paid for with that money. I was spending $500 per year on coffee.

• 5 months ago

Tell him that if he keeps smoking he might get cancer

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

You have to get him to go to a program to stop and he would have to be willing.

He can Wayne if he is willing. Instilling is all you can do

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

You can’t ........

• 5 months ago

You take his cigs and eventually he will run out of money

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.