My car starts up perfectly fine but dies while driving?

I drive a 2013 Jetta and about a month ago my car died at a stop light and my epc light came on. I took it to a mechanic and he put it on his scanner and nothing came up and he could find nothing wrong with it and he drove it around and nothing happened. And it’s been fine ever since until yesterday it got my across town then died while I was stopped at a bank. I turned it off and turned it back on and it got me a few minutes down the road then died at a light then again I shut it off and back on and it got me like 30 more seconds down the road. I jumped it and it got me to the mechanic who AGAIN could find NOTHING wrong with it?? He said my battery and my alternator is fine. I do not know what to do. Please someone give me ideas of what it could be. So sorry for the super long description

Funny there are no codes.

• JJ

My kids's BMW had a cracked bolt that was holding down the ground lug for 3 coils. The guy that sold it to him certainly went nuts trying to figure it out. It would die unexpectedly, one day I tugged gently on the lug and the head fell off one the floor, placed a new connection to the engine ground and that was the end of that.problem.

• Gabe

Hallo guter Herr. Ein Problem mit Ihrem Fahren sagen Sie? Interessante. Bitte kontaktieren Sie Ihren nächsten voklswagon und wir kümmern uns darum. Guten Tag.

rnaybe you should have a rnechanic check it out

• I did. Twice now. He can not find anything wrong with it. He puts it on the scanner and no codes come up. He drives it around and leaves it running for an hour and can’t get it to die on him

• arther

You're going to have to find someone that likes working on Volkswagon or take it to a dealer which if you do you may as well buy a new car it'll end up cheaper if you take the later option. Get used to hearing we don't want nothing to do with that pos from small workshops as if you don't know volkswagon you can waste hours and get nowhere.

That’s a junk vehicle

• .

The main causes are a bad alternator and dead battery, a loss of fuel, a loss of spark, a loss fuel and spark, or a loss of compression.