My car starts up perfectly fine but dies while driving?

I drive a 2013 Jetta and about a month ago my car died at a stop light and my epc light came on. I took it to a mechanic and he put it on his scanner and nothing came up and he could find nothing wrong with it and he drove it around and nothing happened. And it’s been fine ever since until yesterday it got my... show more I drive a 2013 Jetta and about a month ago my car died at a stop light and my epc light came on. I took it to a mechanic and he put it on his scanner and nothing came up and he could find nothing wrong with it and he drove it around and nothing happened. And it’s been fine ever since until yesterday it got my across town then died while I was stopped at a bank. I turned it off and turned it back on and it got me a few minutes down the road then died at a light then again I shut it off and back on and it got me like 30 more seconds down the road. I jumped it and it got me to the mechanic who AGAIN could find NOTHING wrong with it?? He said my battery and my alternator is fine. I do not know what to do. Please someone give me ideas of what it could be. So sorry for the super long description
7 answers 7