Peter asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 5 months ago

How do I handle anticipated success?

I've been studying the stock market for YEARS. And I really mean studying 12 hours a day for YEARS. I decided to do that rather than do a PhD :) Anyway, I now have it NAILED. I am so competent that it scares me just how big it is going to be. The enormity of making $100K a day scares me to the point that I am paralyzed. If someone can offer some ideas that would be GREAT!

• Bill

I'd give up on the stock idea and write fantasy novels. They are popular right now and you're good at creating fantasy.

• Who

what do you need ideas for ?- you are the one who's got it nailed

Be patient. Stay motivated.

you guys are all dicks. None of you have the imagination to consider that someone HAS actually NAILED it!

Invest a small amount. Wait to lose it. Once you discover what you should have learned in your first day of study, which is that those who study the market that much actually do worse than average, you won't have to worry about making $100k a day, because it's not going to happen.

• Steve

If youre so good at it, take some money out so that you can remember how good you are when times get tough. Also, no one likes a braggart, so stop being a troll.

As usual, I agree with Zman492's comments, Living and playing in the academic world is a lot different than reality, playing in a bull market always changes as the bears come in for a while.

In my 40+ years on Wall Street, I've met many who had a new "system", or a "special strategy" and there was those that could program anything or could be build great algorithms, but in most cases, as the markets shifted so did their success.

My London trader could easily earn a quarter of mil a month, while it was common for my floor people to bring a hundred thousand in the same period, the only system they has was they were all good tape readers in both good and bad markets.

I wish you well in your endeavor, just remember to be careful and if your good at it, there's no need to brag and tell others about it.

Source(s): from THE STREET
  • NONAME

im sorry...dont give up

• Judy

Don't spend it or count on it until you actually have the money

If you're that successful, you wont have time to be paralyzed...

People spend their entire lives studying the markets...but without a crystal ball...nobody knows what will happen tomorrow.