I got a tattoo 11 days ago, my tattoo has already peeled. My tattoo still feels raised like scaby and I still have scabs. Is this normal?

It's not healed so it's normal. You need to keep following aftercare instructions. It takes around 4 weeks to fully heal.

• kelvin

not normal that you think your tattoo is fully healed after 11 days and you need way longer than that

• Konstanze5 months agoReport

I didn't say that I thought it was fully healed.

No, it is not normal to get a tattoo. That fad has passed and only the truly gullible get one now.

• Laura

Scabs are common but they are not normal. It is a signt hat you are not washing your tattoo often enough or well enough.

You should be washing your tattoo 4 times a day with a mild soap and water. The soap does nto have to be antibacterial or anything like that. Wet the tattoo, then wet your hands. Get some soap in your hands and suds it up, then put the bubbles on your tattoo. Use the pads of your fingers to gently massage the tattoo. You want to do this until the weird slimy layer comes off. Then rinse the tattoo off and let it air dry, or gently pat it dry with a paper towel. Once the tattoo is dry use something like aquaphor to keep the skin moisturized.

Tattoos take 3 - 4 weeks to fully heal. Obviously your tattoo is still healing. Start to take care of it properly and it will heal better.

• Konstanze5 months agoReport

I have been washing it every morning and night and applying moisturizing lotion 3 to 4 times a day. I pat dry the tattoo with a paper towel then let it air dry before I apply the lotion. Its not all a big scab, there are just some spots. They are not thick either, the scabs are super thin.

Wanted to add that it doesn't look infected and isn't red except slightly where I had some white ink work done. I used aquaphor in the beginning then once it started to peel went to a tattoo salve (very small bottle) and that ran out so now I'm using a scent free lotion. The tattoo takes up one side of my thigh and its a cover up.