Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 5 months ago

5-HTP capsules must be taken on an empty stomach?

Meaning two hours after a meal or 30 minutes before a meal. I didn't follow all that bull and took it 5 mins after my breakfast. Is there's anything wrong with that?

Favorite Answer

some medications don't work on a full stomach and need the natural stomach acids in your empty stomach to make the medication work.

If it says it must be taken on an empty stomach then it won't work correctly with food! There are many medications and supplements that need to be taken on an empty stomach because certain nutrients compete for absorption so if you take those kinds of meds with food then you may not be absorbing enough of it to be effective.

• k w

you need to take as directed...why would you take a sleep help, right after you got up ?

maybe you think everything is a joke.......

if you want the stuff to work you're going to have to take it on an empty stomach according to the label directions otherwise you're simply wasting your money the stuff will bind to your food and it will get excreted out of your body and all you've done is wasted your money if it says you have to take it on an empty stomach then you have to take it on an empty stomach.

I take thyroxine on an empty stomach but I take them when I get up and then I have breakfast, if I took them 2 hours after meal there would be food in my stomach.

• Tavy

Was your stomach empty as soon as you had finished breakfast ?

If you cannot understand basic biology there is no hope for you.

If I fill a bucket with water, does it still look empty or full?

Considering that it is supposed to increase serotonin if you are using it as an appetite suppressant it would make sense to take it prior to eating. Plus it has the possibility of causing nausea which could be a problem on a full stomach. If neither of these is the case then you should be fine.