Can I use Nintendo music in my videos?

I really like Yoshi's Island - Athletic Theme and was wondering if I could use this music in my videos without getting a copyright strike.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Using the original tune is generally out of the question as Nintendo, as best, will demonetize it with a copyright claim.

Using a remixed version is a bit more acceptable as Nintendo doesn't own the rights to the performance (only the tune itself) & therefore make things a bit more complicated in terms of copyrights. However, as long as it's generally for non-commercial use... the creators of the remixed version will generally be OK with it.

If you choose to recreate the tune yourself, you're in the best legal situation as it's your own performance of the tune, even through Nintendo owns the copyrights to the tune itself. It's harder for the video to get demonetized because you're the one performing the tune instead of somebody else.

If you're not concerned about demonetization, you'll get by just fine as long as the music isn't the only thing in the video.

• car253
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No. You can get sued for copyright.

• 5 months ago

Are you a head banger? Or rapper? Or Techno Club ? Also good luck on your video

• 5 months ago

you will probably still get copyright striked. Freemusicarchive.org has free music if that's any help pal

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• 5 months ago

Yes. If the video is nothing but music you are asking for a copyright strike.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Good luck, but no. You've got to give credit for their work.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Nintendo is like Apple, they hang peoples head on a stick that even attempts to use their work and material and since them all being Asian people i would take extra caution just because of how Asian people are

• 5 months ago

They won't "strike" you, but they will put a claim on your video so they get any revenue generated from it.

So if your channel is monetized and you want to minimize these claims, it's best to not use it.

If you can find an OC Remix version of it, that can be used and they won't claim the video as long as you do something with it (talk over it with the music in the background, etc.)

They give permissions for people to do this, but not to just put the audio up in a video and nothing else changes.

• 5 months ago

Not commercially.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.