Warren T asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 months ago

Could we see something kind of like happen in the 1972 Election?

I was in college at that time and I went to a Presidential debate. The person representing George McGovern gave his argument on why George McGovern should be elected. Then the person representing Richard Nixon got up and said that they were very worried about this election but then the Democrats went and nominate George McGovern for President and we stopped worrying

3 Answers

Relevance
  • A.J.
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It's closer to the 2016 election in reverse. Many Democrats instead of many Republicans. One will be decided upon that has less than solid support. The swing purple states will decide unless the State Compact eliminating the Electoral College effect clears. Trump will continue mudslinging personal attacks, none true. The circus will continue with heavy political ads bombarding media. If the Democrats either get the Compact or pull their base together, Trump loses. If the race ends up with two still in it, the vote splits and Trump's an easy win.

The advertising and rally's are all a waste of time and money on this election.

• Pat
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes. Never assume it's in the bag. If you care about the results of an election, volunteer to phone bank or knock on doors in your neighborhood to get out the vote. Complacency can result in loss of the election.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes we definitely could and will.

Source(s): McGovern Won in 72, I demand a recount.
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.