Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 5 months ago

Why are British houses so ugly?

Even the new homes just look plain, boring and still manages to look old. Compare that to some beautiful homes in Australia, USA, Canada, New Zealand where the newer homes are just amazing and looks really modern. I get that the UK has a problems regarding space due to high population but Scotland has a huge amount of space to build large houses but they still build them small

Favorite Answer

I am an American from the USA. British houses don't look ugly they look scary! I think Stevie Nicks, you know that scary witch, is gonna come out of one of them and say 'boo!' I'll run!

I feel like if I walked into a British house a psycho witch or crazy cat lady would take me in and boil me in a cauldron and use me for food or they would cast spells upon me.

I'm sorry anything British I see exclusively their houses gives me chills of witches. This also includes houses from Germany Scotland Ireland. They give me plain cold chills and fright. I shiver when I look at a British house as I believe there lies a psycho witch at the door.

I would honestly recommend that you move to the USA or get an independent house built on British land to resemble an American home. Those British houses they remind me of those scary rapist witch women. I have traumatic mindsets about them.

We build strong houses in the uk and they last for over 200 years not like the rubbish built in America they blow away in the wind

• ckngbbbls

honey, we have plenty of houses that are very old. What YOU don't have is tornadoes and I bet you have had houses go down when you get the rare hurricane.

• Tavy

Cost, not everyone can afford large houses and the cost of heating here is very high.

Keep in mind that energy costs are very high in UK. Smaller homes are cheaper to heat.

What exactly constitutes an ugly house to you? Ugliness is subjective.

• thomas5 months agoReport

Colourless identical detached houses, cramped living space