Do you believe science or the bible (+ reason?)?

In terms or how earth was created.

I was involved in a group debate over this and was wondering what everyone else's opinions were and why.

sorry I meant to type 'of' in the first sentence

Since science has MOUNTAINS of facts that prove the conclusions correct and the babe has ZERO evidence to prove it might even be possible, SCIENCE wins.

Science can't say anything about whether God exists or not, nor how much he had to do with creation. Never make the mistake of replacing God + nature with Nature.

Science has its uses, but it can only explore the regularly and frequently occurring observable behaviors of the quiescent universe.

I believe what the Bible actually says, except when there is good reason to suspect literary devices.

Many thought science would provide solutions to man’s problems instead of causing more of them, it does not come as a surprise to servants of God. They have not turned to false guides, but they rely on the only true guide available to man, God’s Word, the Holy Bible. Scientists comment on the origin of man they are thought to be speaking of fact. Because most scientists accept and teach that man evolved from the lower animals, the masses of mankind believe this to be true. Since science is defined as “a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws,” people feel that the scientists have facts when they speak about the ascent of man from beast. As this idea contradicts the Bible teaching that man was created by God, many feel that they can no longer believe the Bible; they think modern science has disproved it.

Both.

The Bible is clearly true. All prophecies within came true except those in Revelation.

But the Bible doesn't teach us how the Earth was created. Genesis is allegory and metaphor about man's relationship to God.

• Jea

Reality, or pretense.

Faith and belief are not facts. They are imaginings.

Science is based upon understanding the facts.

No contest.

• God

The bible is just a book of fairy tales passed down to us from the Bronze Age. How can anyone take it seriously?

Let's figure that out, experimentation or magic; hmmmm, hard choice.

• Jess6 months agoReport

lmao i love that

I see no reason to believe that the bible might be a true story.

I also see no reason to discard everything we learned since the bible was written.

Science is not magic. Science is our way of gathering knowledge about reality. The difference between belief and knowledge is much more important than you think. I know science. I have a scientific education. I find it embarrassing that 'science vs. bible' is even debated.

• Jess6 months agoReport

I agree with your last sentence, I found it shocking how some christians who I were involved in the debate with were blatantly saying that science is false and gods word was the only truth.

I believe science over the Bible, because science is capable of explaining and demonstrating itself.

The Bible can;t even prove one thing in it.