What happens to other beneficiaries if one beneficiary is not signifying their approval to finalize the inheritance?

There are 3 beneficiaries to get inheritance after my mums death 11 months ago, (Her 2 daughters and her brother) everything to to with the inheritance had been finalized and needed to sign to claim it 1 and a half months ago, but 2 of the beneficiaries can not get inheritance because one of the beneficiaries has not signed. (From England, United Kingdom)

Ask DeLayne he/she has a lot to say

I think there is more details to the story than you are offering. For example the estate includes real estate that is being passed in a joint tenancy requiring all three to agree to sell and walk away with their liquidated share. In that case that isn't an heir not finalizing their inheritance, just not willing to agree to a sale the other two heir wish to occur. And if my guess is correct there is a legal remedy but would require you to hire an lawyer.

• Victoria5 months agoReport

The solicitor had already sold the house behind her back before she died to pay for the care home

I don't know UK rules on this. But I would expect the executor to tell the 3rd beneficiary that his refusal to agree to the release is unreasonable, and a court will have to get involved. That is going to cost him (the 3rd bene) a LOT of money. Would he rather get 50,000 pounds now, or 20,000 a year or two from now?

• Morningfox

I don't know of any deadline. Some probates have gone on for decades.