Do you think it's right when an MP switches parties once elected?

Which potentially means someone uses their acceptance speech to announce their allegiance to the BNP.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Best answer

An MP should not be allowed to switch parties without calling a by-election.

I plan on turning up to work pissed tomorrow. Churchill did it so it must be OK, according to dimwit Harrison.

• shroud
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

NO when the person ran for office that person declared certain values and beliefs, which is why people voted for him/her

to change parties after getting in office is the same as lying to all those people, they never would have voted for the other party

• In
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Do you think it is right to post a political question in the Sexually Transmitted Disease section?

• gerald
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

in a democratic society yes this is not a democratic society its a gravy train where money buys votes , Please do not suggest this is not a disaster or even we are not morons in helping create it for purely selfish reasons that is not democracy its dogma

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

No they should resign and stand for re-election on the policies of the new Party they have joined.

• 5 months ago

Winston Churchill once crossed the floor of the House to be a Liberal when he was elected a Tory,so if he did it then its ok,

• 5 months ago

No I don't think they have any integrity when they do that. I'm surprised the electorate puts up with it actually.

• 5 months ago

Once they've been elected they should honour their role and stay within the party.

• Biff
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

It isn't unreasonable for MPs to switch parties if their party has moved away from the platform on which they were elected. But immediately switching parties would be dishonest.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No. If they claimed to represent a particular party at election they should stand down if they are then going to renege on that.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.