Would you use an electric scooter in the UK?

One blogger has died, but apart from that it appears to be a safe and efficient method of Green transport.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

Not if you mean one of those electric scooters that look like a moped. You don't actually need a number plate, insurance or a licence but people keep getting stopped on them. If you mean one of those that look like a normal bicycle but are electric then I'm too heavy for them. I'm not interested in any sort of electrical vehicle until they make better batteries and until they get cheaper. They also need to work out a way for batteries to get charged as quick as it takes to fill a tank up. They will get there eventually.

• Katie
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

It is ILLEGAL to use them on public land (roads, pavements).

• 5 months ago

I dont know how much longer I am going to drive my car so may have to have one.

as I am going on new medication for Prostate cancer. I tried one but felt so stupid.

Attachment image
  • Only indoors, for trips to the fridge.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

No, they could kill a pedestrian on the pavement and kill the rider on the road. Lethal.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Nope, I'm happy with my bicycle, keeps me trim

• Ludwig
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Yes. They are perfectly safe for the user, as long as you stick to the pavement.

• Biff
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Not anywhere where there are bus stops and lorries.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.