Why is my body severely aching after playing football?

I am a 31 year old male. I used to play 5 a side football quite a bit when i was younger. Now i will be honest, for the past 6-7 years i have done hardly any exercise. I’ve put on 3-4 stone in weight and are really out of shape and unfit. I played in a 5 a side football tournament 2 days ago. I knew it was going to... show more I am a 31 year old male. I used to play 5 a side football quite a bit when i was younger. Now i will be honest, for the past 6-7 years i have done hardly any exercise. I’ve put on 3-4 stone in weight and are really out of shape and unfit. I played in a 5 a side football tournament 2 days ago. I knew it was going to be a struggle as i am so unfit. I did ok but towards the end of the tournament i was shattered!

The next day, MY GOD! I was aching from head to toe. Especially my legs. All my back hurts, my stomach, neck. I mean i can’t even walk up and down stairs properly. And to put on my pants this morning took me about 10 minutes! I genuinely can’t even lift my legs up. Driving is also a struggle too.

Is this normal after a prolonged absence from football and exercise in general? Thanks.