What is the best way to cook with stainless steel to avoid food sticking?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Spray the cooking surfaces with olive oil.

• james
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Take pan. Add a layer of washed river pea gravel. Heat till gravel is hot. Cook on top of the gravel.

• IvaB
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

I can't think of a dish I make that doesn't start out using some kind of fat/oil in the pan or pot to start with.That in itself doesn't guarantee that if I don't pay attention to heat/time and being actively involved with cooking the dish that nothing will ever stick,but those things are a good start.I guess its' impossible to avoid having foods stick a bit sometimes,but its' no biggie.

• David
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

You have to heat it, oil it and then cook but it will still stick more than other types of pans.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Heat the pan.

Add the oil needed

Add the food.

Do not touch the meat until it releases easily from the pan. You should not have to tug or pull to get a piece of chicken up or a steak...When the first side is seared it will be easy to turn over.

Adjust your heat if the food is starting to get too dark. You can move a pan off then back onto the burner.

All that brown that is on the pan bottom makes great start for a gravy or sauce.

Learn the difference between a sweat, saute or a sear.

• 5 months ago

my answer is don't use stainless steel.

I wouldn't have any in my house.

I use cast iron and cast aluminum

• 5 months ago

Stainless needs to be lubricated well with some sort of oil or fat to prevent sticking. I pick my oil or fat based on what I am cooking. Butter, olive oil, rendered bacon fat, I have a favorite steak that I use the rendered fat from to finish potatos while the steak rests.

I NEVER use cooking spray, ‘vegetable’ oil, canola oil. Sometimes for specialty cooking I might use peanut oil or coconut oil.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Stainless steel is not very good for sticking quality. I wouldn't want a stainless steel skillet.

• 5 months ago

cooking oil is the best way.

• 5 months ago

grease the pan. use pam (cooking spray), vegetable oil, or butter.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.