Which cookware is best for healthy cooking?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

It is the ingredients that matter, not necessarily the cookware.

I could add pasta, tons of cheese and sausage in my lasagna baking dish.

Using that same baking dish, I can make:

A pasta lasagna with low fat cheese, with layers of zucchini, tomatoes, garlic, roasted red peppers, onion slices, summer squash and garlic.

The veggie lasagna would always be the healthier meal.

• 4 months ago

I am going with cast iron--because even if you are bad and don't season your pans--you will get extra iron in your diet....non-stick are probably the least healthy because they shed toxic chemicals into your food.

• 4 months ago

it is not the cookware that determines if the food that is cooked in it is "healthy" or not

It is what you are cooking that determines how "healthful" it is.

You can cook a high fat low fiber Pasta dish, lots of cheese, bacon, egg based sauce in a stainless steel pot. In the same pot you could make a low fat high fiber, veggie lentil soup.Same pot different ingredients.

Personally I like stainless steel, I have cast iron, high carbon steel and enameled cast iron for most of my cooking I also have 2 frying pans that are "non stick" that I use rarely for eggs. I consider "non stick" pans disposable as soon as they get a scratch I discard them

• 4 months ago

any cookware is healthy. You aren't eating the kettles.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Any type of cookware can be healthy or unhealthy. It depends on what you are putting in the cookware. Nonstick pans require less fat to prevent sticking, but they still require some.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.