Are stainless steel pans better than non stick?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

FYI to anybody. Overheating non stick (like 800F) creates toxic gas. Eating chips of it will just go in one end and out the other. It is also non stick inside your body. Oh, and my big stainless fry pan is the bomb.

• 5 months ago

yes--if you take care of them somewhat they will last forever--non-stick will eventually fail-depositing little bits of poisonous chemicals into your food.

• 5 months ago

Stainless steel.

Consider "non stick" disposable.

Properly used food cooked in stainless steel will not stick. Heat the pan, then add your oil. Place food in the pan and do not touch meats until they will easily release from the pan. This may mean a long sear but it will release.

another advantage to stainless steel over the "non stick" you will get great flavor for any sauces or gravy. All the brown bits that develop in a stainless steel translates to flavor.

• 5 months ago

They're both useless. Stainless steel sticks. Non-stick eventually wears out.

I'd go with cast iron every time.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I like steel. Easier to wash when food gets burned.

Non-stick eventually will after some time and it's harder to wash taking care not to remove the black coating which eventually goes into your food which isn't good at all.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.