Is there a way to save money everyday?

• geezer

YES ... Don't spend it in the first place.

• Mike

Walk home instead of taking the bus. Put the fare money in your bank account.

Eat only healthy foods

No tobacco, liquor, drugs.

Keep teeth clean. Dental visits costs.

Source(s): Do these things myself, out of necexsity.

Spend less on food. If you can grow your own veggies, do it.

I developed a system that I called "The Fives" that really worked for me. I took five envelopes and wrote on each envelope something I was saving for and it's cost. These could be anything from buying a new coffee pot to getting a new fence--nothing overly expensive. Once a week I emptied my wallet and put $5 into each envelope and wrote the amount inside on each envelope., placing it behind the others afterwards. If I had more than $25, I started over again with the first envelope; if I had less, some envelopes didn't get anything that week.

It's surprising how that affected my mindset. I would think, "I would like to stop at Starbucks, but could really use that for amount for an envelope.". Then one day you reach the goal you wrote down, and think, "Hey! I can finally get that new fence!" I would then remove the fence envelope and replace it with new one with a new goal.

• keerok

Disciplined people save 10-20% of their income to the bank every payday. Those who aren't get creative.

One guy I knew didn't use PhP50 bills (so I'm not from where you are). Every time he got a 50 (salary, change, bet winnings, whatever), he'd keep it in a jar. Strange? See the next one.

My wife doesn't spend any bill who's serial number ended in 8. She kept them in a special wallet. There were times when she complains she doesn't have money although I give her everything I earn. We make it through the month though, somehow. After some years, she checked her special box (wallet overflowed long before that). My family went to Singapore that year.

Of course there is ... but why are you "question happy" today?

Budgeting help save money and doing little things like putting aside $5 a day really helps enormously.