White Stuff on Wooden Spoon in Kool-Aid?

I was making grape Kool-Aid when I realized that the wooden spoon I was making it with was covered in this white stuff? I know it wasn't mold, and the spoon had gone through the washing machine, so I think it might just be some hardened food from a few days ago. Anyway, it's a lot of Kool-Aid that I wouldn't want to waste 'cause my kids like it, but I don't want to be hurting them and myself. Help?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Cara
    Lv 7
    1 year ago
    Favourite answer

    I expect the white stuff was the result of putting the wooden spoon in the dishwasher. Wood doesn't fare well in a dishwasher, and there's no need to put it in. Just wash wooden things by hand. I don't imagine it will do anything harmful to the Kool-Aid.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

    you are far too paranoid.

    Relax

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.