I cannot find my mother grave. I have tried everything.?

Maybe it's unmarked.

• Fred

Firstly do you have any idea in what area of the country she died. Maybe apply for a copy of her death certificate and that may give you a clue including the doctor's name who signed the death certificate, and even the town or city she died in. See if you can contact the people who control the cemeteries of the area and see if they can look up and see if your mother was buried there. If you can't find her there perhaps try the funeral homes for information as maybe here body was transferred to another town such as to the town she was brought up in as a child, to be buried in the same cemetery as other relatives. If you can find the coroner who did the autopsy if she had one see if they have a record of who took the body away when they finished with it. Maybe even see if hospital records can give you information of who took her body if she died in Hospital as many do. Maybe if you can find the person who paid the funeral home to bury or cremate her as someone paid for it and will know where she was buried and may be able to tell you a lot more about the circumstances of her life and her death.

Start by getting hold of her death certificate and see if they say where she died or any other clues. Even a doctor's or coroner's name may be traceable by talking to doctor's registers etc.. Some state newspapers have columns where people can ask for anyone knowing where to find a persons there would be people who knew her and hopefully they will read the column and contact you. Have you googled any cemeteries as some do have a list of the people buried there so if you have a clue to the area she died in it may be worth a try.

Good luck and I hope you find her last resting place.

• olivia

I really shock we also search grave on website......................

If you are in the U.K. ask the local authority. I had no idea where my grandfather was buried and called at the cemetery. The attendant rang the Council and located the cemetery and plot number immediately. Don't know which country you're in but the process should be similar. Also find out the name of the funeral company who conducted the funeral. They would know. If she was a churchgoer, ask the priest or vicar, they may have access to records they can search.

Have you tried Findagrave.com?

• martin

You have to check public records for a death certificate in the cities or towns where your mom lived before she passed away. Otherwise, check with family and friends of your mom.

Are you sure she's dead?

• Stoo

Hard to answer without knowing more - do you know your mother's dead? If so, you probably know when/where. Hitting up local archives and libraries should be able to track obituaries or death records, which will lead to funeral and burial locations. At that point, ask the cemetery where they buried her, or just walk around until you find it. I know generally where my grandparents was buried but not precisely where save for vague childhood memories from seeing my grandfather's grave. Took an hour but found it.

The cemetery should have a book on where every body is buried. Just find your mom’s name and then locate where she is buried.