Do you think this Trumpet it s a good deal for 25 bucks at a thrift store, one if the buttons is stuck?

I think its a Beverly? comes with a case.

well it depends on the make of the coronet, it is not a trumpet. But if you like music and like to tinker with instruments, I would say go for it.

First - it is a cornet. I would sirens the $25 and take it to a decent shop. Let THEM correctly disable and clean it. And do some research on the make, model, serial. Do NOT try to clean it yourself.

it is if you want it

Try a little WD.

I surely buy it for $25 it's not that hard to unscrew the button that's stuck and clean all the goop out of it and the stretch the bring a little bit and to properly lubricate it and get rid of all the nastiness it's very easy to clean one of these things you take the valves and the slide out clean them up with soap and water and take the whole rest of the trumpet and put it in a tarnish removing solution then you lubricate the valves in the slides and you put it back together and you have a nice instrument.

• Mamianka

Never tell a newbie to disassemble anything, use chemicals to clean it, then resend with some lube. I have seen too many disasters. Maybe YOU know how to do this - we do not know know if this poster did.

That depends entirely on whether or not you think you can fix the stuck button without paying someone else to do it.

If you can fix it yourself, then yes. It's a pretty good deal.

If you have to pay to get it fixed, probably not. The purchase, plus the cost of the repair, could be more than the whole thing's worth.

-----

Incidentally, while it's hard to tell from the photo, I think that's a cornet rather than a trumpet.

They're a bit different in timbre, but play very much the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornet

No because it's a useless instrument if you can't play certain notes.