Is this Neil Lane Bridal set a good buy?

My brother is currently showing for an engagement ring for his (hopefully) bride to be. He found a set that he loves and is wondering if it is a good buy. The set is 1 7/8 carat tw with a 1 carat radiant cut center stone. The clarity is an SI2 with some of the smaller stones being an I1. The color is I and the price of the ring is $3,600. Do you all think this is a fair price? It is a princess cut halo diamond ring. Thanks!

Update:

Sorry, not a princess cut. It is a radiant cut.

Update 2:

Yes, he's asked her what she wants and she likes the ring. He's just trying to do more research to see if he's getting a fair price.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Kaz
    Lv 6
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

That's probably a fair price, but S12 usually have a lot of visible inclusions. Tell him to get an appraisal with a reputable jeweler to be sure it's worth the money.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Setting aside the fact that it's way too expensive, asking random people on the internet is meaningless. Did he ask his girlfriend what she wants? Did she pick it out? Because her opinion is the only one that matters, and many women won't have anything to do with diamonds these days.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

no..............................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.