Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 months ago

Why do people never answer my questions seriously?

I make my questions anonymous because they are of a person nature. I am asking questions about myself and my life and I want to have them identified as being from me.

They are serious questions, to which I give as much detail as I can but they don't get serious answers.

They get one word or.spam answers. I try to be as honest and forthright in the details attached to my questions and try to format the questions themselves correctly. I also try my hardest to put them in the right category.

I don't understand why I am not getting serious answers to questions that I have asked with all seriousness.

Update:

Thanks for your responses. Unfortunately, I don't have anywhere or anybody rose that I can ask. Asking my family is out of the question because I would have to admit that I am unhappy withy life for one reason or another. However, at least I know now, not to ask them here either. Thank you XD

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Ben
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Because they don't seem to have much knowledge or be that interested.

Lv 7
    4 months ago

The site is rife with trolls, point gamers, and abusers. Without knowing what your questions are, it's hard to say what may be triggering the responses you get. ANY responses that don't make a sincere attempt to answer the question you asked though, should be reported as violations.

FYI, the site is for knowledge seeking questions so ones expecting people to be a therapist or personal consultant, are probably not suited for a site like this. If you have personal issues and you have no offline family or friends to discuss those issues with, then a support group (online or off) would be more suitable than a public website where anyone can join and post, and where you are (at present) more likely to get more responses criticizing or belittling you than helping you...especially if you are prone to posting over and over about your issues. That's not what YA is for, and users have no patience for it (even though responding inappropriately isn't okay).

• LAN
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Because you are a troll. That's the real reason that you post anonymously.

• 4 months ago

If your question has too much personal info, they will appear to be trollish and users will assume so, not taking them seriously. There are trolls here that post the same question of that type every day. A Q&A site is not the place for personal "Dear Abby" questions since most on YA are from trolls and people playing games. It is best to not ask personal questions, but make them about a generic person. We do not know you, the other people, or the situation. You can not give us enough detail to give a good answer. Your questions are better asked to your Mom, Aunt, or older sister. Even your Grandmother could do better than the users on YA.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Not sure.... But maybe make them a bit shorter if they are kind of long. :) that may help.

• 4 months ago

Did you expect serious answers to this question?

How should I know why people don't answer your questions seriously? Could be hundreds of reasons. You realize this is just a Yahoo message board, right? You don't have to put a real name.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.