I have s 2007 Kia Rio Lx 1.6L with 133,000 miles. My car has been burning oil. There is no oil leaks or smell of burning oil.?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Then you probably haven't been changing the oil every 3,000 miles or every 5,000 miles if using synthetic oil. Have you been checking the oil level every 1,000 miles between oil changes? If the oil level drops more then half way between the upper and lower dipstick marks you wear the piston rings and motor bearings out!

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

My car (a Saturn) started burning so i followed instructions to add Marvel Myster Oil to it and shorten the intervals between changes. I now no longer even need to check the oil level between changes. It holds up. MMO clean up the ring grooves.

• In
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

It is unlikely that a car with low mileage like that would have worn rings. If it is losing oil I would be looking for other issues like oil pan leaks, a loose drain plug or oil filter, a blocked PCV valve, cracked head, etc...

• Carson
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Try ENGINR RESTORE for 4 cylinder, available at auto parts store or walmart.

• Geo
      Lv 6
      4 months agoReport

Look at the spark plugs

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

If your question is why you don't see it leaking, or smell burning, you won't. When the engine burns oil it just comes out of the exhaust and you usually won't notice it.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Sounds like engine is worn out. I would just live with it and keep adding oil unless you can find a low mileage engine and swap it in but that might cost more then the car is worth.

• 4 months ago

I've replace the coils and spark plugs.

• Gary
    Lv 4
    4 months ago

2007 vehicles are too old and junky. We have 4 vehicles from 2019

• Dan
      Lv 4
      4 months agoReport

PleaseFuckoffAndDie.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.