Modern middle name for Margaret (Maggie)?

My boyfriend and I have been talking about babies and he’s dead set on the name Margaret. I love Maggie, but what do we do for a middle name? I’ve only seen older, traditional middle names paired with the name (Grace, Ann, Kate, etc) and I personally hate all of them... I would love a more modern, unique pairing. Suggestions?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Since Margaret is an old fashioned name I would pair it with a more modern name.

Margaret Olivia

Margaret Jocelyn

Margaret Laurel

Margaret Natalia

Margaret Brooke/Brooklyn

Margaret Corinne

Margaret Eden

Margaret Elena

Or maybe this is more your style

Margaret Frances

Margaret opal

Margaret Hildegard

Margaret Olga

Margaret Hattie

Margaret phoebe

Lv 6
    5 months ago

Margaret Evelyn, like Margaret Evelyn "Maggie" Simpson.

Attachment image
  • 5 months ago

Celeste or Kaitlin.

• 5 months ago

Faye would be a fabulous name.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Margaret Annaliese;

Margaret Madison;

Margaret Chloe;

Margaret Meala / Milla;

Margaret Zara;

Margaret Reese;

Margaret Harlow;

Margaret Keela;

Margaret Mia;

Margaret Audrina;

Margaret Eden;

Margaret Keeva;

Margaret Roxanna;

Margaret Willow;

Margaret Alayna;

Margaret Nadine;

Margaret Adalynn;

Margaret Dakota;

Margaret Neve;

Margaret Esmé;

Margaret Freya;

Margaret Avalynn;

Margaret Maya;

Margaret Adele;

Margaret Maeve;

Margaret Aria;

Margaret Rhea;

Margaret Cerise;

Margaret Jocelyn;

Margaret Sian;

Margaret Madelyn;

Margaret Zoey;

Margaret Riley;

Margaret Corinne;

Margaret Dylanne;

Margaret Arielle;

Margaret Shiloh;

Margaret Honor;

Margaret Savannah;

Margaret Elle;

Margaret Season;

Margaret Isla;

Margaret Jade;

Margaret Emilyn;

Margaret Linnea;

Margaret Brynn;

Margaret Enna;

Margaret Siena;

• 5 months ago

Is there a place name that means something to you which could be used as a middle name?

You could also use the first or middle name, or a version of the first or middle name, of someone you love as a middle name.

• 5 months ago

Margaret is a great name and I personally like the nickname "Margie". As for middle names, how about: Margaret Bethany, Margaret Emily, Margaret Brianne.

• 5 months ago

Ellen, Rose, Lily, Lauren, Anya, April, Jess, Scarlet, Rhianne

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

This depends entirely on what the last name will be. And if you use a middle name then you pair it with the formal version "Margaret" even if you call her Maggie. Maybe pick a family name or a name that you really work and play with it. Like Margaret Finn or Margaret Anya. You have to determine if the middle name works best if it's one syllable or two with the last name. If you name after a grandparent or a great grandparent then you would capture some of those older names that are coming back again. Who in the world thought George or Archie would ever be popular again until the Royals used those names. It really has to be something that you like. And hate to break it to your boyfriend but sometimes you have the name all picked out and you look at your kid and you're like "nah - that's not a Margaret"

• Margaret is a family name for him, & both of my grandmas had very old fashioned first and middle names, they just don’t fit well with Margaret. Last name is two syllables, a shorter middle name feels suitable. I love Finn so much, but feel a little weird because my parents have a dog named Finn 😅

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.