Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 5 months ago

What Does This Mean?

This girl who I used to like in high school (but she never was nice to me) messaged me on Facebook today. I haven't seen her in years.

She asked me how I was doing. Then she said, "I was really shy back in high school but you were always so nice to me". She said she still thinks about me sometimes so she wanted to say hi.

Isn't this a little creepy? Why did it take her 8 years to tell me?

Normal people change a lot between the drama of high school and where the land emotionally at 26/27. Brain development and maturation enable them to look back and see where they went wrong as children. I wouldn't be too judgy about this person. You're entitled to just ignore her if you find it creepy. But to be fair, Facebook's only real purpose for most people is to track down old contacts.

• JuanB

It means she remembers you as being nice to her back then, and she was shy. Nothing creepy there.

A lot of people mistake shy as being snobby. Sounds like you probably didn't figure out she was shy.

she's probably at a place in her life where she is realizing what she's missed out on because of her shyness--and she wants to make amends, so to speak...at least you now know she wasn't trying to be mean--she was just painfully shy.

She is wondering if you're a lesbian too. Are you? She might want to hook up.

OMG she is soo desperate and bangable. Bet you could get her to do anything!! Invite her back to your place for her to apologise in person. Let us know how it goes....

rnaybe she was too shy to tell you

It means it has taken her 8 years

to gain the confidence

to seek what she wants.

--

Regards,

John Popelish

well she told you she was shy, she was trying to apologise really, give her the benefit of the doubt...

• A C

Not really creepy. She was shy.