Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 5 months ago

I feel numbness in my left shoulder, hand and foot?

3 days ago I had a lipoma removal in my upper left back. The procedure went great and my scar is healing well however, since the procedure I can barely feel my left foot, shoulder and my left hand. If I hold a cup in my left hand I will drop it. I had General Anesthesia during my procedure. Will I start feeling my hand and leg soon or is it possible that I had some damages done during the procedure?

Not sure if this is relavent but I’m a female in my mid 30s. I have sever anxiety. After I woke up from the anesthesia I had an anxiety attack.

Thank you for your answers.

• Carson

The areas you describe the tingling ism leg lower back L4-L5. The shoulder etc is cervical (neck) nerves.

I doubt the procedure caused that, but you may have been twisted funny when transfeed from gurney to operating table or post op.

You need to see a Dr now.

You are describing an impediment by a disc or muscle in the L4-L5 Area and in the back C 3-4 (I think) it needs to be addressed asap.

IDK, but the hospital may be.liable for the damage.

Go to Dr ASAP

Better safe

I would recommend talking to your doctor. Even if it is not bad, better safe than sorry.