I’ve been over using nasal spray and now one side of my nose is very sore inside and painful even rub my face. What do I do?

• Jim
    1 year ago

Stop using it and just use saline nasal spray. Lay off the decongestant spray for at least a month Overuse can lead to rebound congestion, meaning you have to use more and more to relieve the congestion.

• 1 year ago

I would suggest to let your doctor know about that and see what he/she says to do

1 year ago

they say not to use longer than 3 months or something like that.

• 1 year ago

Yes to what everyone has already posted:

1. Stop using the spray immediately.

2. Get into see your GP or a ENT specialist ASAP because you could have a sinus infection.

3. Leave your nose alone. It is possible the chemicals in the spay have irritated or "burned" the sensitive skin lining your nostril.

4. If you have seasonal allergies, look into both a simple saline spay as well as an antihistamine like Flonase or Nascort rather than a decongestant.

• Kaz
    1 year ago

#1 STOP using the nasal spray. You probably have a sinus infection, that was exacerbated by the nasal spray. If your face hurts you most likely will need an antibiotic to clear up any infection, so you'll need to see your doctor.

• 1 year ago

i would call your doctor up and ask hirn what to do

1 year ago

Ditto. Just leave it well alone now. Don't use the spray. Go to your doctor if it hasn't gotten better in a few days. Don't worry, you'll be fine.