Dealing with violent sibling?

I am going to make this as brief as possible. My younger brother (he's 14 im 18) is verbally abusive to my family and physically abusive to me. I am much stronger then he is and i can easily block and take most his attacks. The real problem is that my parents don't want me to hurt him at all, even in self... show more I am going to make this as brief as possible. My younger brother (he's 14 im 18) is verbally abusive to my family and physically abusive to me. I am much stronger then he is and i can easily block and take most his attacks. The real problem is that my parents don't want me to hurt him at all, even in self defense. Whenever he attacks me i am expected to suck it up and move on, which is mentally and physically VERY hard for me to do. I believe that if he is allowed to do whatever he wants without punishment he will be a brat for the rest of his life and probably piss off the wrong people. I think my parents (bless them) just don't want him getting hurt, but don't understand that in the real world the things he says and does are going to get him in serious trouble. Talking to him doesn't work, that is what i have been doing the past 2 years and he is irrational to the point that if you say something he doesn't like he will simply scream until you leave. He also has screamed the few times i have fought back, which gets my parents attention and creates a **** show. I don't know what to do, im sure I've left out some crucial details so please ask questions in the comments. Any suggestions are appreciated.
63 answers 63