Why is it that my grandfather is Black but I am White?

Update: My paternal grandfather is of African descent and has very dark skin and tighly curled hair and all the typical African features. My maternal grandmother is a light skinned latina, basically White, with straight hair. My mother is also White American with red hair and green eyes. Here is the thing, despite having... show more My paternal grandfather is of African descent and has very dark skin and tighly curled hair and all the typical African features. My maternal grandmother is a light skinned latina, basically White, with straight hair. My mother is also White American with red hair and green eyes. Here is the thing, despite having a Black grandfather, I am extremely White, with very light skin, and straight brown hair. Why is it that my grandfather is Black yet I am White?
Update 2: @One drop. My father often gets mistaken as Puerto Rican or Middle Eastern or sometimes even Italian.
Update 3: My father has a light to medium olive compexion