Can I take sole responsibility (credit wise) for debt that I accumulated on a credit card that was cosigned for?

Years ago my dad cosigned a credit card with me. Years later I led him to believe that the account had been resolved and closed but what actually happened is that the account went to collections and now his credit is affected. Can he file for fraud or maybe do something so that I alone am affected by this? The... show more Years ago my dad cosigned a credit card with me. Years later I led him to believe that the account had been resolved and closed but what actually happened is that the account went to collections and now his credit is affected. Can he file for fraud or maybe do something so that I alone am affected by this? The account is currently in collections. He has not been aware until now that his credit score has plummeted. Can he appeal it? Anything to disconnect him from this would be amazing as it was my deception and irresponsibility that led to this.