why is my playstation 4’s internet connection not working?

I’m having internet troubles when my connection tests come out successfully each time and my other devices (laptop, smartphone) are having not trouble with it. i also checked the status of psn and all services are running normally.

• Lv 7

can you get on the web and load websites okay? can you run other apps like YouTube okay? if not, you may have a short in your cable.

if wifi, you may have some wireless device interfering. check your wifi channel, and try a different one.

Lots of info I'd like to know that isn't provided here but I think it'd probably be faster and easier for you if I just give you this link. Try some of these ideas. On my PS4 when it did what you describe it ended up being a DNS issue on the PS4 itself. The PS4 community help forums are another great place for additional info as well.

Here is this link so check to see if it will help. If it doesn't, I would give the PS4 community forum a try cause it has a good interactive environment for question/answer for things like this:

https://gpugames.com/ps4-wont-connect-to-internet/

• Zash7 months agoReport

i tried changing the dns server but that hasn’t worked, but i did post my question on the playstation forum. it seems as though all internet-requiring parts work fine except for online interaction with other players(parties, online pvp/pve games) thank you very much for your help anyway!

• Frank

I can't help you. I don't use silly consoles that are LOCKED DOWN and SUBSTANDARD hardware...difficult if not impossible to diagnose and repair. I build desktop systems...and I can fix anything on it. I play far better games too.

• Zash7 months agoReport

i just asked for help with my connection...