What kind of insect leaves big itchy welts?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Any of them can. I am very sensitive to bug bites of all kinds, and I get big itchy welts from anything that bites me.

• 5 months ago

Unlike mosquitoes and some other insects, bedbugs bites can become itchy and develop into welts, and many people suffer emotionally.

• 5 months ago

Any insect that you are allergic to can do this. One of the worst causes of big itchy welts that last more than one week is a chigger (which technically is not an insect).

• 5 months ago

Lots do actually. Some people are very sensitive to mosquitos for example and get huge welts, or fleas and others not so much. Horse flies often leave almost painful welts. The big itchy welts are due to your body releasing histamine in response to the bite or sting.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • olivia
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

When a fire ant bites you, you will feel it! An itchy hive will develop. Hours later, a blister filled with pus can form. If you suffer from a severe allergic reaction to a fire ant bite, these bug bites can be life-threatening

• 5 months ago

Depends what you are allergic to.

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Horseflies! ...horrible things.

http://horseflybite.co.uk/

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.