how to tell my dad i m not comfortable calling his fiance "mom"?
- GEEGEELv 75 months ago
You tell him the thought makes you uncomfortable, and you'd rather not. I suppose calling her some other
form of endearment could work if you could come up with something, but her first name would be the most simple.
- shamanLv 45 months ago
She is not your mom. You are in no way obligated to call her as such. Ask your dad how he'd feel if you started calling another man dad. That is his title and his alone. There is nothing wrong with developing a relationship with your soon to be step-mother that gives close to the same love as your mom. In fact that would be a great thing if it works out that way. I hope he opens his blinders up soon to this.
- SheilaKLv 45 months ago
Tell her you have ONE MOTHER and one Mother ONLY. You respect her enough to honor her feelings. Sounds like your dad is trying to start a war between your MOM and his fiancé by using you. Don't fall for it.
- 5 months ago
Just tell him you will call her by her name as she isn't your Mom
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Common SenseLv 75 months ago
Here is an easy three step way to say "NO":
1) Acknowledge and repeat the request: "Dad, I understand that you want me to call Sue, Mom."
2) Saying NO: "However, Sue is not my mother and I do not feel comfortable calling her Mom. No disrespect intended, but Sue is not my mom."
3) Suggest a Solution: " I would be happy to call her "Sue".
- LitaLv 65 months ago
Dad, I'll call her a name of her choosing but I won't call her Mom. I'm not comfortable calling her mom and won't be doing so.
- linkus86Lv 75 months ago
Honestly. I heard on the street it's the best policy.
- KellyLv 75 months ago
Explain to him (alone) the reasons you do not want to call her mom. I never expected my kids to call their step-dad "dad", they call him by his name.
- Pearl LLv 75 months ago
the sarne way you told us
- Beach LifeLv 75 months ago
Just tell him (alone)...just like that. If you were my kid and came to me, and told me that, I would say that's fine and allow you to call her by her first name. He will understand.