How many eggs make 9 ounces?

You would have to get a measuring cup and just keep cracking eggs open into the measuring up until the level of the eggs reaches the 9 ounce mark. I am sure if you are a tad under or over, it will be okay. However, if one more egg would be too much over the 9 ounce mark, then scramble that last egg in a cup and pour it into the measuring cup until it reaches the 9 ounce mark.

It depends upon the size of the eggs.... use a scale

• Lili

Depends on the size of the eggs.

Put them in a two cup measure. You'll soon see how many you need.

• denise

You would just have to weigh them with or without their shells, and it depends on the sizes.

I have a cake recipe that depends on egg [in shells] weight.

You weigh the eggs 2 large or 3 small, and whatever they weigh [say 3 - 4 ounces]

Then weigh out the same in butter, flour & sugar [3 - 4 ounces each ingredients] Mix together.

Add some milk to make a soft dropping consistency,

Bake as a 2 tin sponge sandwich or a large square / oblong 2-1/2 inch deep[tin], cool, ice with glace icing & sprinkle with desiccated coconut.

4 1/2 .

• CB

liquid or weight? big difference (1/4 cup per large egg volume) 2 eggs would be 8 ounces liquid and likely close enough but you don't include why you need 9 ounces.

What size eggs?

Small, medium, large, extra large, jumbo?

With the shells or without?

Thanks to Google...12 large eggs weigh about 24 ounces. Or about 2 ounces per egg.

• Dimo

I'm a tech, I have to test.

I just weighed a couple of large eggs -- 2 ounces, give to take about .05 ounces. One shell weighs 0.18 ounces. So figure 1.8 oz for one large egg, 9.0 oz for 5.

With or without shells?

Raw or cooked?

Medium, Large or Extra large eggs?

With or without the shell?

Presuming you mean 9 ounces raw without the shell and are using large eggs...I'd go with five.