How many eggs make 9 ounces?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

You would have to get a measuring cup and just keep cracking eggs open into the measuring up until the level of the eggs reaches the 9 ounce mark. I am sure if you are a tad under or over, it will be okay. However, if one more egg would be too much over the 9 ounce mark, then scramble that last egg in a cup and pour it into the measuring cup until it reaches the 9 ounce mark.

• 6 months ago

It depends upon the size of the eggs.... use a scale

• Lili
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Depends on the size of the eggs.

Put them in a two cup measure. You'll soon see how many you need.

• denise
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You would just have to weigh them with or without their shells, and it depends on the sizes.

I have a cake recipe that depends on egg [in shells] weight.

You weigh the eggs 2 large or 3 small, and whatever they weigh [say 3 - 4 ounces]

Then weigh out the same in butter, flour & sugar [3 - 4 ounces each ingredients] Mix together.

Add some milk to make a soft dropping consistency,

Bake as a 2 tin sponge sandwich or a large square / oblong 2-1/2 inch deep[tin], cool, ice with glace icing & sprinkle with desiccated coconut.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

4 1/2 .

• CB
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

liquid or weight? big difference (1/4 cup per large egg volume) 2 eggs would be 8 ounces liquid and likely close enough but you don't include why you need 9 ounces.

• 6 months ago

What size eggs?

Small, medium, large, extra large, jumbo?

With the shells or without?

Thanks to Google...12 large eggs weigh about 24 ounces. Or about 2 ounces per egg.

• Dimo
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

I'm a tech, I have to test.

I just weighed a couple of large eggs -- 2 ounces, give to take about .05 ounces. One shell weighs 0.18 ounces. So figure 1.8 oz for one large egg, 9.0 oz for 5.

• 6 months ago

With or without shells?

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Raw or cooked?

Medium, Large or Extra large eggs?

With or without the shell?

Presuming you mean 9 ounces raw without the shell and are using large eggs...I'd go with five.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.