Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Packing & Preparation · 5 months ago

can i bring my ipads to camp if they don’t allow phones?

so i’m going to summer camp on sunday and they take our phones and make us put them in bags and store them on the bus before camp so i’m planning on bringing my ipad pro 12.9 and ipad mini 5 and using them secretly in bed at camp, can i do this or will i get in trouble? i really don’t want to lose my snap streaks or not be able to talk to my friends? pls help i can’t back out of camp bc we already paid 1000 non refundable money (btw i’m 16)

i would ask the carnp about it

• Probably not. If they dont allowed phones then they wont allow other electronics..

Seems unlikely, doesn't it

It's very likely that those will also be confiscated.

How would we know whether you'll get in trouble or not? We don't know what camp this is, and we can't guess what rules they have. But I'd say that if they don't want you having phones, then they won't want you having other stuff that will divert your attention from the camp experience.

You want to not go to camp because you will miss out on your snap streak?

Time to go to in-patient therapy instead of camp.

If it were me, you would get in trouble. Can't speak for the camp's organizers, though, and haven't seen the camp's rules, so I can't judge whether this would only the violate the spirit of the rules or also the letter.

Just follow the rules. You won't miss anything.