ethan asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 5 months ago

windows defender is turned off by organization i dont have?

so i recently got i virus and i was able to remove it with malaware bytes however with the virus it turned off windows defender and now it says its controlled by my organization which i dont have bacuse this is my home computer any ideas on how to fix?

• John

I only use Eset antivirus.

• Enigma

It's been disabled by Malwarebytes and you don't need Windows DEfender if you plan on paying for Malwarebytes. Once it expires (I'm assuming it's a trial version) it should revert back. Only you know what you installed and w/o that info we can only go this far.

Turn it back on for G*d's sake.

Log into your computer using the Administrator account. Then use the Group Policy Editor to re-enable defender. The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a single user interface through which all the the Computer Configuration and User Configuration settings of Local Group Policy objects can be managed.

Start - run - gpedit.msc