Kush asked in SportsFootball (American) · 5 months ago

Is it time for the NFL to go to 18 game season or no?

The owners want it because it means a lot more money. The fans want it because they will get more bang for their ticket-buying buck. The players hate the idea because of the added risk of injury, but they will sell their soul to the devil for the right price. They always do.

An 18-game season will happen.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Add 2 regular season games cut 2 meaningless preseason games

Its a wash

• 5 months ago

No.

The owners want it for more money only.

And the NFLPA will never agree to it.

• 5 months ago

The bad outweighs the good, so I say no it's not time and it should always stay at 16 games. regular season game.

• 5 months ago

No, the players won't sign off on that, but a 17 game season is possible if they cut back on the preseason.

• Goldfly252000
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

17 game season won't happen because that means odd number of games. Sure you could go 8/9 home/away and then next season it's 9/8, but owners would never agree to that idea.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Cory
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

No. It's a stupid idea. They need to perfect the product they put on the field for 16 games. They do need to get rid of the preseason though. THAT is a waste of 4 games for everybody.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No it's not and I don't think the players will ever agree to it,and if they don't, it won't happen.

• David
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I hope it doesn't. I agree with the players.

• y
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Don't know to tell you the truth. Teams like the patriots continue that preseason mentality into the regular season, have for years. They still tinker the first few games, last season even longer. Cutting back on preseason games isn;t the answer, the teams need that time and those players on the bubbles, need that exposure.

• 5 months ago

Nope, it is not time. It may seem a fair idea in some aspects, but the longer season means more injuries and that is not the way to have a meaningful season.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.