Should I go to Law school or just get my CPA i have a BA but I want to go further .?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Legal education in India is presided over by the Bar Council of India. There are two types of law courses that students can opt for –3-year graduation in law and the 5-year integrated law course. Many universities across India offer both the modules. Different law subjects are taught in the 3-year LLB programme. For the 5-year integrated programme students are part of two separate modules together. They pursue Integrated LLB College in Bareilly and BA or BBA or BCom or BSc at the same time. This unique model is a recent addition to the law education scenario of India and it was offered for the first time by the National School of Law University.

Though there are numerous good law colleges in India like The West Bengal University of Juridical Sciences, National Law University Jodhpur, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, etc, Invertis University in Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh is the best law college in North and Central India. This is owing to the facts that Invertis University is equipped with an esteemed law faculty, provides options for both integrated and singular law courses, provides industrial exposure and internships and aims at developing not only highly qualified law practitioners but also responsible ones.

The law courses with Invertis University are specially tailored keeping in mind this era of globalization and information technology. The involvement of technology in every aspect of society has increased the scope of practitioners of law along with making their job more challenging. Invertis University trains law students with this perspective.

https://www.invertisuniversity.ac.in/

• Jay
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

If you get your CPA you will see money coming to you quickly.

If you become a lawyer, you will wind up working an extra job just to pay back law school...and then you have a long career as a public defender, as getting a job in a firm and becoming a partner is something that is glamorized on TV shows and does not happen for 90% of the people who graduate law school.

For example: How many people with LAW degrees do you see working other jobs to pay back their loans? Starbucks, Panera...stores like that are full of people paying off their law degrees.

Now...ask yourself....have you EVER seen an accountant working the cash register at Starbucks because they couldn't get a job doing accounting?

Have you ever seen an Auditor working the night shift at a gas station because they needed extra money for car payments?

Have you ever even heard of a CPA stocking warehouse shelves because they can't get a job preparing taxes?

• WB
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Get the CPA first. You can always get the law degree later.

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You should do what you think will make you happy. The fact you say 'just get my CPA' makes it sound like that is a lower job in your mind. At the same time, law school is very generic and could lead to many career paths. Nobody here knows what you like or want out o of life.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Get your CPA.

Go to the BLS.gov website and look under the employment Statistics(?) section to see what salaries the various accounting professions make.

here is a hint...if you want to be a rich Hedge Fund Manager...get your CPA.

You can always go back to Law School later and become a tax lawyer in addition to a CPA...and that pays very handsomely.

• 5 months ago

If you have the grades and are able to get into law school, I say go for it. You don't want any future regrets and 'what if's' down the road and wondering what could have been different. I was going to go to law school but ended up with a Masters in Business...no regrets for me!

• 5 months ago

The US has about three times as many lawyers than it realistically needs. There are job openings for accountants.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.