Can you get money back if u get scammed and it comes out of account?

I paid £150 for a jacket via bank transfer to a guy I don’t know, we were talking about it on depop however I bought it on bank transfer, can I get money back?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Not from the bank, its not the banks fault you fell for as scam

You can get money back if you successfully sue the person

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No, it's not the bank's fault the seller duped you. But call the bank and ask just in case.

• 5 months ago

To a guy you don’t know? That makes a lot of sense doesn’t it? Never ever pay my bank transfer. At least pay by PayPal and then you are protected. I hope this was a learning curve.

• 5 months ago

Have you asked to return it for a refund? What does the seller say? You cannot take money from "his" account. He would have to send it back to you - willingly.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

if u had visa - then u send them in writing that u transferred money and didn't get a merchandise in return. i had - there was some scam on line shop, i ordered 2 dresses never got them, so i contacted visa and they sent me money back. whether they somehow got it from the fraudulent seller i don't know

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No, you did not have fraudulent activity on your account, you willingly sent the money.

You will have to claim against him in the small claims court.

UK.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

The bank doesn't owe you any money back. If you paid for a jacket and didn't get a jacket, the seller owes you the money.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

If you did a wire transfer then probably not. Do you expect the bank to just take a loss for your actions?

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Get your money back from whom? Your claim is against the unknown person, not the bank. If you don't know their address so you can go knock of their door, you're out of luck. (the address is no doubt overseas).

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Contact your bank......money doesn't magically return.....

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.