Can you get money back if u get scammed and it comes out of account?

I paid £150 for a jacket via bank transfer to a guy I don’t know, we were talking about it on depop however I bought it on bank transfer, can I get money back?

• RICK

Not from the bank, its not the banks fault you fell for as scam

You can get money back if you successfully sue the person

No, it's not the bank's fault the seller duped you. But call the bank and ask just in case.

To a guy you don’t know? That makes a lot of sense doesn’t it? Never ever pay my bank transfer. At least pay by PayPal and then you are protected. I hope this was a learning curve.

Have you asked to return it for a refund? What does the seller say? You cannot take money from "his" account. He would have to send it back to you - willingly.

if u had visa - then u send them in writing that u transferred money and didn't get a merchandise in return. i had - there was some scam on line shop, i ordered 2 dresses never got them, so i contacted visa and they sent me money back. whether they somehow got it from the fraudulent seller i don't know

• Tavy

No, you did not have fraudulent activity on your account, you willingly sent the money.

You will have to claim against him in the small claims court.

UK.

The bank doesn't owe you any money back. If you paid for a jacket and didn't get a jacket, the seller owes you the money.

If you did a wire transfer then probably not. Do you expect the bank to just take a loss for your actions?

Get your money back from whom? Your claim is against the unknown person, not the bank. If you don't know their address so you can go knock of their door, you're out of luck. (the address is no doubt overseas).

Contact your bank......money doesn't magically return.....